Registration identifies you as a valid user on the NotifyLink Enterprise Server and allows you to begin using NotifyLink to synchronize the Email and PIM (calendar events, contacts, and tasks) between your device and the mail/PIM server.
Registering the device consists of:
• Entering the Email Address from your account on the mail server
• Entering an Authentication Password provided by your IT Administrator
• Performing an initial PIM synchronization
The registration screens have
Watch the Video
1. Select the NotifyLink icon from your BlackBerry menu.
2. Enter your Email Address and Authentication Password.
3. Select the Network Setting appropriate for your device: Choose a WAP, TCP, or BIS network.
NOTE: If you intend to use Direct Push synchronization, you must use TCP network provisioning.
4. Under PIM Load, select the types of PIM items (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks) to synchronize. Choose whether you wish to:
• Replace Device Items
• Merge Items
• Do Not Load
5. Select Register from the menu.
6. You will see a security prompt which asks you to give
the NotifyLink application permission to run.
With any NotifyLink related security prompt, do the following:
a. Check the box titled, Do not ask again.
b. Select the Allow button.
Registration will fail if you deny this connection.
7. The screen will say “Registering” in the header until the registration is complete. When it is finished, registration messages arrive on the device and the application will setup your mailbox information and place you in the Inbox.