Compose original email, reply to or forward email from your device using NotifyLink.
You can forward email from the Inbox and Sent Items folders or from custom mailbox folders.
1. From the message list menu, select Compose (or Reply / Reply To All / Forward).
Compose a New Message
Compose a Reply
Compose on Forwarded emails
2. Fill in the recipient fields(s) and the subject. Use the trackwheel/trackball to move through the fields.
• You can select Add Recipient from the menu and choose a contact from your address book or select.
• Enter multiple addresses in new To: fields.
• If Auto Complete is enabled, addresses are automatically completed as you type if they are currently stored on your device.
• Email addresses in the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields are validated before the message is sent. If there is an invalid address, it is identified in a popup box.
3. Type the body of your email.
• When composing a message, the BlackBerry AutoText feature is enabled. Auto text replaces misspelled and abbreviated words as you type. A list of AutoText entries can be found under Options > AutoText. You can add to or edit the list.
• You can invoke a spell check by selecting Check Spelling from the menu. You can also enable automatic spell checking via Email Settings which results in an automatic scan of the email body when you press send.
4. To include an attachment with your email message select Add Attachment from the menu when composing a message. See Sending Attachments for further information.
5. From the menu, select Save to work on and/or send the message later. Saved messages are stored in the Drafts folder.
From the menu, select Send to send the message now. Sent messages go to the Outbox where they wait to be processed.
Replies and Forwards Sent From the Device
Replies and forwarded email messages sent from your device may appear to recipients in one of two formats.
Inline Email: Recipients see a vertical display of the conversational threads and the original message, beginning with any text you may have added.
Attachment: Recipients see text you added in the body of the message and the conversational threads and original message are attached in .eml file.
Tip: Use the Resume Compose option on the menu to return to the composition area after scrolling or moving to the header area of a reply message. This may be necessary if you are using BlackBerry OS 5.0. See Knowledge Base articles See Knowledge Base articles on these topics: Scrolling and Moving to header.