Performing an Over-The-Air (OTA) Load on your device removes all PIM items on the device and replaces them with items from the server.
You are automatically prompted to do an OTA Load after you register a device with NotifyLink service (referred to there as an Initial Sync). The OTA Load, however, gives you the ability to perform this type of synchronization again. You can choose to load one, some, or all of the PIM types. An example of when you might use the OTA Load is after interruption of service due to hardware problems.
1. Select the NotifyLink icon from the Home screen.
2. Click your trackwheel, to access a list of menu options for the message list and select OTA Load.
3. Select the type of PIM item you want to load.
NOTE: OTA loads are not sent for PIM types that are NOT selected for synchronizing in PIM Settings. To change the PIM settings, select PIM Settings from the OTA Load screen menu.
4. Confirm that you wish to perform the load by answering “Yes.”
NOTE: The OTA Load is different from an on-demand sync or a scheduled sync:
• On-demand Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server when you use the Get/Send option from the menu of your message viewing screen.
• Scheduled Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server at the interval you have specified in the Push Settings.