Performing an Over-The-Air (OTA) Load on your device removes all PIM items on the device and replaces them with items from the server. You are automatically prompted to do an OTA Load after you register a device with NotifyLink service (referred to there as the Initial Sync). The OTA Load, however, gives you the ability to perform this type of synchronization again. You can choose to load one, some, or all of the PIM types. An example of when you might use the OTA Load is after interruption of service due to hardware problems.
1. Select the NotifyLink icon from the Home screen.
2. Tap the title bar and select OTA Load from the PIM drop-down menu.
3. Check the box beside the type(s) of PIM items you want to load.
4. Select Sync to send the load request(s).
5. Confirm that you wish to perform the load by answering “Yes.”
NOTE: The OTA Load is different from an on-demand sync or a scheduled sync:
• On-demand Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server when you use the Sync option from the menu of your message viewing screen.
• Scheduled Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server at the interval you have specified in the Push Settings.