Until a device is registered, the NotifyLink application will not synchronize Email and PIM. The registration process identifies you as a valid user on the NotifyLink Enterprise Server and allows you to begin using NotifyLink to synchronize the data between your device and your computer. Registering the device consists of:
• Entering your Email Address and an Authentication Password.
• Performing an initial PIM synchronization (OTA Load).
Where to find your Authentication Password. You can check the authentication password for your account from the client web. From the NotifyLink Client Web, choose General > Device.
Changing the Authentication Password. Before you register your device you may wish to set your authentication password to something other than the default. It is not necessary, but some administrators may direct you to change the password as an additional security measure. See the instructions for changing your authentication password below.
1. Select the NotifyLink icon from the Home screen.
2. Enter your Email Address and Authentication Password as they appear on the server.
3. Select Register.
4. Once registration is complete, you will be prompted to check for registration messages. A welcome message is sent to the device Inbox and you are then prompted to perform the initial synchronization (OTA Load) for the device.
5. Select the PIM type(s) for which you are requesting an OTA Load.
6. Select Send.