Performing an Over-The-Air (OTA) Load on your device removes all PIM items on the device and replaces them with items from the server. You are automatically prompted to do an OTA load after you register a device with NotifyLink service. The OTA Load option on the NotifyLink menu, however, gives you the ability to perform this type of synchronization again. You can choose to load one, some, or all of the PIM types. An example of when you might use the OTA Load is after interruption of service due to hardware problems.
NOTE: OTA loads are not sent for PIM types that are NOT selected for synchronizing in PIM Settings.
1. From the main NotifyLink menu, select OTA Load.
2. Highlight and select the type of PIM items you want to load.
3. Select Send from the Options popup menu to send the load request.
NOTE: The OTA Load is different from an on-demand sync or a scheduled sync:
• On-demand Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server when you use the Get/Send option from the menu of your message viewing screen.
• Scheduled Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server at the interval you have specified in the Push Settings.