Performing an Over-The-Air (OTA) Load on your device removes all PIM items on the device and replaces them with items from the server. You are automatically prompted to do an OTA Load after you register a device with NotifyLink service (referred to there as an Initial Sync). The OTA Load, however, gives you the ability to perform this type of synchronization again. You can choose to load one, some, or all of the PIM types. An example of when you might use the OTA Load is after interruption of service due to hardware problems.
NOTE: OTA loads are not sent for PIM types that are NOT selected for synchronizing in PIM Settings.
When the load is completed a message in the device Inbox notes the number of items loaded and the number of items (if any) that could not be saved. If the load fails for some reason, an error message notifying you of this is sent to the Inbox.
1. Select Start > Programs (WMP) > NotifyLink Preferences
2. Select OTA Load Settings.
Check the box beside the type(s) of PIM items you want to load:
4. Select Send to send the load request(s).
5. Select Done to exit.
NOTE: The OTA Load is different from an on-demand sync or a scheduled sync:
• On-demand Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server. You can initiate an on-demand sync several ways:
o Use the NotifyLink Get/Send option on the Email Message List Pocket Outlook menu.
o Use the Sync Now option on the Push Settings screen.
o Use the NotifyLink Sync icon on the device’s Programs screen.
• Scheduled Sync – Leaves data already on the device untouched and retrieves new email and PIM items from the server at the interval you have specified in the Push Settings.