Notify Technology technical support staff use temporary
default passwords when setting up your NotifyLink user account.
For functionality and security, it is necessary for you to change these passwords before you begin using NotifyLink.
All the passwords can be changed from the NotifyLink Client Web.
Browse to the Client Web at: https://hosted#.notifylink.com/client/clientlogin.php
Where # is indicated, insert the NotifyLink server number to which you have been assigned.
For login credentials, use your full email address in the username field and the temporary password, “password” (no quotes).
The Mail/PIM Account Password(s) and the Client Web Login Password
To update the NotifyLink server with your Mail/PIM account passwords.
These are the passwords associated with your Mail/PIM user account(s) on the collaboration suite server(s). The NotifyLink server must be updated with your Mail/PIM account password(s) in order for you to successfully synchronize email and PIM items.
For most organizations, the collaboration suite server supports both mail and PIM (calendar, contacts, tasks) processing, so the password will be the same for each of the settings below. If you have mixed collaboration suite software, you may be entering several passwords here.
1. From the NotifyLink Client Web select Mailbox Properties > Accounts.
2. Enter your personal password in each of the following fields and confirm each entry:
• Reset Mailbox Password
• Reset Calendar Password
• Reset Contact Password
• Reset Task Password
3. Click Apply Changes.
Now update the NotifyLink Client Web Login password on the same page…
To update the Client Web login “password”
This is the password that gives you access to the NotifyLink Client Web. You have logged in using your full email address and the temporary password: “password.” You will want to change the temporary password so that only you can access your account on the NotifyLink Client Web.
1. Under the Client Web Login Information, enter a unique password in the Client Password field and confirm it.
2. Record the new password and use it to log in to the Client Web from now on.
The Authentication Password
The authentication password verifies the identity of the user/device at registration and at every synchronization session, providing a layer of security from the device to the NotifyLink HTTP/Web server. The temporary default password is “password.” You will want to change the temporary password so that only you can register your device against your NotifyLink account.
To change the temporary Authentication Password
1. From the NotifyLink Client Web select General > Security.
2. Under the Device Authentication Settings, enter an eight character password or generate a random password by clicking the Generate Random Pwd. button.
3. Click Apply Changes.
4. Record this password, as it will be required only when registering your device.
You are now ready to